"SayWeather enables me to utilize smaller airports with confidence."
Neil F., Cessna 182 pilot.
"Pilots here love it because they can check current weather conditions at the airport by clicking PTT, 4 times, on the uni-com frequency, while inbound to our airport... 10 miles out."
Tom R., Airport Manager.
"We have many private aircraft owners at our aerodrome and quite a few High hour Commercial pilots active and retired. I want to Quote a cliché and Ive heard this more than once: THIS SYSTEM IS THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD! Thank You SayWeather for helping our aerodrome become a safer place to fly!"
Bob C. Airport Manager
"Since the system was installed in August, 2017 it has worked flawlessly with no equipment hardware or software problems. The pilots who are based at our airport and the visiting pilots have all remarked how being able to check the automated weather by clicking on the airport CTAF has improved flight safety by alerting them to current weather conditions so they can plan their arrival and departure for the proper runway."
Doug A. Flight Operations Manager
- Improve pilot situational-awareness at your airport and at the same time save aircraft operators time and fuel by providing real-time airport weather advisories.
- Cut energy costs while adding safety and convenience through automated and/or pilot-controlled airport lighting (with lighting option).
- Enhance the value of your airport community property by adding the convenience of in-flight airport weather.
- When on the ground, access live weather data for your airport via PC, tablet or smartphone .
- During approach, SayWeather users can focus on flight-critical decision-making through improved surface-condition situational awareness and reduce distraction in the cockpit.
SayWeather™ includes the following features:
- Pilot-activated verbal advisory of your airport's surface conditions. The following are included: your airport name, winds, gusts, temperature, dew point, altimeter, density altitude
- Because of temperature sensor accuracy, density altitude is only provided on SayWeather Pro systems.
- A bright, easy to read LCD display that continuously shows the latest weather information.
- A Push-to-Talk switch and built-in microphone which provides transmit access to the attached VHF air band transceiver.
- A Say Weather switch that allows an airport operator to manually initiate a weather advisory over the built-in speaker and attached VHF radio.
- Compact, lightweight, low-power design fits easily on desktop or shelf.
- Included 5-Watt VHF air band transceiver provides nominal pattern-altitude range of 10 nm. Range at altitude is better than 30 nm (dependent on terrain and antenna configuration).
- Wireless weather weather sensors Vantage Pro2 with fan-aspirated temperature sensor) are solar-powered, easy to install and provide wireless range of up to 1000 ft. (solar powered repeaters are optionally available to extend range to several miles).
- User-customized speech, weather parameters, weather station & microphone key responses.
- The airport operator can easily include relevant airport status information in the spoken message (e.g. closures due to runway conditions, fuel availability, etc.).
- Compensation for the airport's magnetic declination - the spoken advisory provides wind information referenced to magnetic north.
- AWOS algorithms. For consistent weather reporting, SayWeather uses the same weather reporting algorithms that are used for AWOS'.
- Easy add-on of pilot-activated-lighting with the PAL-1 or PAL-3 options.
- Publish weather to the Internet. This feature allows viewing of up-to-the minute weather data via PC, tablet or smart phone.
- Pilot-activated airport lighting control
- (PAL-3): standard 3-5-7 click (L-M-H; Mode-A and Mode-B supported) control. Automatic feature can turn on lights at fixed times or relative to sunrise/sunset daily.
- (PAL-1): click-to-control single-zone/intensity lighting control.
- Recording (REC-1): Pilot-activated relay closure allows recording of communications from the radio, video recorder (video camera sold separately) or other external device.
- Rapid Deployment Kit (RD-1): includes everything needed to rapidly deploy a SayWeather system, for emergencies, crop dusting, etc.
- 110-240VAC 50-60Hz, 10 Watts
- Indoor location for SayWeather™
- Suitable outdoor mounting location for weather head, radio antenna
- To publish your weather data to a weather server: an active wireless connection to the Internet and PWI-1 option are needed. SayWeather™ currently supports protocols for www.wunderground.com.
A SayWeather™ system includes everything the airport operator needs to quickly and easily implement automated weather advisories. Included:
- A SayWeather™ console
- A solar-powered wireless remote monitoring weather station with desktop weather-display console, either:
- Davis Vantage Pro2 with discretely mountable: a) wind sensors, and b) fan-aspirated humidity & temperature sensors, and rainfall sensor (with SayWeather Pro system)
- A Yaesu FTA-450L transceiver, with 110-240VAC power adapter and wall mount
- External VHF radio antenna with J-pole and mounting hardware
- 45 feet of RG-58 VHF cable
- Universal power supply (110-240VAC, 50-60Hz)
- 8GB microSD memory card with SD-adapter (for storing base unit configuration data)
- Instruction manual
- SayWeather™ may be ordered with all or any combination of the above options
One Year Limited Warranty
SayWeather™ is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for one year from the date of original purchase. With prior authorization, a defective SayWeather™ unit should be returned to Connectsix LLC, shipping charges prepaid. Include proof of purchase and a written description of the defect. During the warranty period, Connectsix LLC will either repair or replace, at our option, the defective product at no cost. Warranty-registered products are processed more quickly – please be certain to register your SayWeather™. Please refer to your Davis Instruments Weather Station and YaesuVHF radio manuals for warranty information.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER DAMAGE DUE TO IMPROPER INSTALLATION OR USE, LIGHTNING, NEGLIGENCE, ACCIDENT, UNAUTHORIZED SERVICE, OR TO INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE LIFE OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.